Friday, July 28, 2006

Time Warp

Time the Construct came calling. His card said he was a myth. But I thought that gave him too much credit.

He knocked and knocked, as usual. He sat on the porch and waited. There was no answer.

"I know you're home. I know you. Besides, I'm only here because I have something for you."

"You almost make me believe it."

"I'll just slide it under the door. And . . . I won't be back. This is goodbye."

"Why didn't you just say so?" An envelope slid under the door before I could open it.

I recognized the handwriting.

Since then, I haven't looked at my watch. I don't know when I am. It doesn't seem to matter.

If something written so long ago could have come from the distant future, then there isn't any point in trying to understand Past, Present, and Future. Everything is just always happening.

Except me.

1 Comments:

Blogger beLLabeLLa said...

nice blog...
personal stuff huh?

11:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home